Magical Girl tattoo: Nanoha


I wanna come up with a design for a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha tattoo. A quick summary for those who don't know, it's a magical girl show with the attitude of a giant robot anime. It's more magitech than pure magic. It's all about ~friendship~, and the main way friends are made is to get the shit beaten out of you. A running joke in the fandom is that if a girl can't kill a grown man by the time she's 10 she's killed off for being too weak.This scene here (1:33) is my favorite, and I'd love to get an image based on this. Nanoha's the one in blue and white. In this scene, she's trying to subdue the one chick who's brainwashed, and simultaneously has a spell running to find the puppetmaster chick in this huge fortress they're fighting in. Once she finds her, she restrains the brainwashed girl and shoots through the entire fucking fortress to take out the puppetmaster in one hit. Because fuck you, that's why.I don't really know how I can turn this into a tattoo though. I love the giant wall-busting pink laser beam, so my most basic idea is to have that as a basis for a Fight Like A Girl tattoo, but... I'm not super excited about that design? Like a tiny silhouette of Nanoha firing upwards, the laser beam bursting through walls, with the words on a banner around the beam or above and below the image.I would kinda like this to be included in my sleeve idea, but the theme I'm going for in that is "elegant stealth geek." So very beautiful images (mermaid, unicorn, tarot card) with really nerdy origins (movies, videogames, books) that are not obvious to anyone looking at them. If the concept doesn't fit there, I can just put it elsewhere, like my leg. I just... don't know what I want for this at all. (Note: I make it sound like the sleeve will be fantasy-themed, but I'm cool with mixing in scifi elements too. One of my concepts is very mechanical already)Additional notes: This is show that, after years of hating pink because it was shoved down my throat because I'm a girl, made me like the color for the first time. And just be more comfortable with being feminine in general. My boyfriend of 10 years was the one to introduce me to it, though this was before we started dating. I'm also a huge fan of the magical girl genre as a whole, especially Sailor Moon. http://bit.ly/2PDGity

Comments