Looking for suggestions - design and placement


Hi all,I am a tattoo newbie. I don't have any tattoos yet but have some pretty well-fleshed out designs for two. As always, there are some life things in the way to wait for before I get them. There's the beginning of an idea I have for a tattoo but I am stuck on design and placement. I like to sketch and have been sketching out ideas of my others for when the time comes. Keep in mind I don't know how feasible some of my ideas are.Current idea: There is a quote I like "Fate whispered in the ear of the warrior 'You can't withstand the storm.' The warrior whispered back 'I am the storm'." I want to get "I am the storm". I love the Gaelic language. I know Irish and Scottish are very similar but different. In Irish, it comes out as "Is mise an stoirm". I am not firm on the language. I just don't know where to place this. I also don't know if I want to keep it simple in black, have a storm behind it, a specific font or what.Here are my other ideas so you have an idea of what I like and "me".Underbust tattoo - I love the tattoos that follow the underbust line in the mandala style. In the center, I want a Claddagh with a gemstone heart held by steampunk hands and a gothic-esque crown. The linking lines I would like to be cogs and gears. Dropping down on the chains are a variety of symbols important to me. Skeleton key, padlock, the symbol for Jupiter, crescent moon, and a few others. I think there are 8 in all. 4 on each side.Back piece - steampunk wings. I would like the ends of the feathers to look somewhat realistic as feathers and the tops to be more articulated and riveted like steampunk.Other things about me beyond steampunk. I'm a scientist (biologist by degree, a chemist by work), love pretty much all things Celtic, love purple.The tattoo styles I've seen that I like are the watercolors, more realistic, and elegant. I love some of the tattoos I've seen with scrollwork and gems in them. I'm thinking specifically of Floor Jansen from the band Nightwish and her tattoo. Pic 1 and pic 2.Thanks in advance! https://ift.tt/2o1jHgF

Comments