HIV positive tattoo design


Strange as it may seem to some, I think I want to get a tattoo about my HIV status. I think I've decided on a crucified scorpion. Hear me out. I saw the + tattoos and the scorpion tattoos and they were okay, scorpion drawing me a little, but not only did I feel they were both a little cliche but also I didn't like that the scorpion in a striking stance gave off the impression of "I'm going to sting you." Woah there, I'm taking medicine, no one's getting stung. Seeing both in a search result, the image very quickly flashed in my mind to combine the two. Not only is that scorpion not a threat, but I nailed it to that plus/cross myself.To get an HIV positive tattoo at all is to own your status. It's part of you and you get something to symbolize that. Crucified, though, to me it symbolizes me really owning the disease. I made the disease and the symbolism that goes with it my own. Who knows, maybe the tattoo already exists on someone. I'm not trying to say I'm the only person who could ever think of this but I do like that it's something I thought of as opposed to something I saw.Curious as to people's opinions. https://ift.tt/2uHpn2t

Comments