Seeking advice! Potential keloid scarring post-tattoo


I was diagnosed with keloid scarring in 2017 after an attempt at piercing my ears resulted in two growing lumps on my ears. Obviously I had to take them out with the help of a tattoo artist as it was stuck (in a panicked act of desperation and vacant roommates, I went into the first tattoo parlour/piercing place I found). Gross but she was lovely. She too said she suffers with keloid scarring and said that after each tattoo she gets, she has to get laser surgery to remove them! I couldn't believe it. I've always wanted to get a tattoo and this thought is a bit off-putting as I can't really afford to get laser removal for a small tattoo, so I probably shouldn't bother. However, I think I only have it quite mildly as I have a scar on my thumb that is a bit big but didn't lump, same with a scar on my ankle. So I guess I'm asking if it's worth it? Is there anyone who is in the same situation? What are the chances of a tattoo artist being able to do to a "test run" on me to see if it'll scar? obviously I'd pay for it, but I don't really know a great deal about tattoos; only that I'd want one or two. Its not the end of the world if I can't get them but thought I'd seek any input from people with more experience in this than me!Sorry for all the questions! Any advice would be really appreciated :) https://ift.tt/2KJF1iO

Comments