Tattoo Noob Looking for Big Boy Tattoo Help (with advice and design)


​https://ift.tt/3eH0Gpg there r/TattooDesigns,I'm a tattoo noobie and from what I can find, you guys are one of the best places for such noobs. I've never gotten a tattoo before which is why I'm here.​So, the type of tattoo I'm looking for is apparently rather hard to come by and it seems that not many artists do things like this. From what I can find, these seem to be biomechanical tattoos. How does someone go about finding an artist that would suit a particular style? Do I just keep hopping around different tattoo shops hoping for someone until I see an artist that has similar work?​Is there an effective way for me to "shop around" for a tattoo artist on the internet? I was hoping that I could email tattoo shops online with the tattoos of interest as well as pictures of myself with the body part in question.​Recently, I went to a tattoo shop and the gentleman told me that I will need to shop around and likely go to Portland (I live somewhere in Oregon). He also made comments about my size. This wasn't a negative thing as I do bodybuilding. Does being very muscular make a difference in this process?​I would be getting a tattoo very similar to the two shown. I would also request that it would cover about half of the pec as opposed to the whole thing. Lastly, I'd be also ask for a sort of border around the tattoo such as the border that you see on the collarbone area. My biggest concern (other than regret, heh) is that the tattoo would take away from my muscularity. I heavily desire the tattoo to compliment my physique and not cover/reduce definition. Any ideas to help with what I've been outlining or other general advice would be greatly appreciated!​I plan on getting one closer to the top photo that stops on the bicep. I have the other photo as well as I like the silver/grey bicep moreso than the red one, and it's an additional reference point.​Oh, and what sort of ballpark cost would you guys expect from the top one (with the additions mentioned above).​Thanks! (I'd credit the artist if I could, but I couldn't find much info on this)​https://ift.tt/2BheDf4 https://ift.tt/2NADTPR

Comments