What is the process of getting a tattoo designed from a photo?


Not sure if this is the right sub. So I had a consultation with an artist, and in addition to a small tattoo that I have a stencil of already and am fine with what it looks like, I'm looking for a minimalist portrait of my late brother. I brought a photo with me (not the best quality, a bit grainy it was a screengrab from a gopro video) and provided two examples of what I meant by minimalist portrait (here's one that's been on reddit actually). Told him the spot and he was like "cool, cool" and we set up an appointment in a couple weeks. These are my first tattoos and I didn't think of the right questions to ask on the spot. I'm assuming he's going to draw it while I'm there (appointment is for two hours)? I'm hoping he's not going to free draw it on me, if that's the norm or something. I'd like to give it the OK before it goes on. Should I get someone else to draw it out beforehand and bring that in instead? From his previous work this should be super easy for him, and I like what I've seen him do. Just slightly confused about the process. Any tips? Thanks. https://ift.tt/2D7WIIG

Comments