I don't know how to represent the concept of synthesis


Hi guys!I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo. It's still the early phase, I don't even know where I'd like to have it, but I have in mind what I'd like to see represented. I'd cut short on the motivations 'cause I could talk about it for hours, but basically I'm really attracted to the concept of synthesis, deriving from the philosophy of Hegel. Basically, I want to represent the contrast between one idea (or situation, or thought, or whatever) and its opposite, which can only be solved by merging the two opposites creating a third concept which simultaneously includes and overcomes both of them.I'd like to emphasize the concept that a binary vision of something is usually never satisfying. That often when we're presented two mutually exclusive choices A and B, we don't need to blindly accept we can't have both, but instead we need to work on building a third path "C" which, of course, is neither A or B but includes the best (or worst) of both, becoming more than just the sum A+B.I know it's not really clear but... any thought? I just need to brainstorm a little.Have a great day! https://ift.tt/3jpCtWk

Comments