Advice on Getting into Tattoo Design


Hello there, have a couple of questions about tattoos and tattoo designing. A family friend recently contacted my mom asking if I could help design a tattoo for her, it'll be some cool little imagery of the hindu goddess Kali. At first I was pretty hesitant to accept the offer since I'm not familiar with creating tattoo designs at all, and I don't want to give somebody a crappy piece because I'm inexperienced, especially if there's some money involved. My family is pressuring me a bit to try it out (they're very supportive of my art and believe anything I'll make will be great) even though I've already expressed these concerns, so declining the offer probably isn't going to go down.Is tattoo design that different from more illustrative digital/traditional work? Are there any specific resources I should go to (youtube, articles, posts, etc.) or will looking at tattoo designs and trying to emulate that style work fine? Does it need to look like a traditional tattoo design for the tattoo artist, etc? Haha kind of blanking on some of my questions and sorry if they're a little dumb, but really just want to know if there's anything I should be worried about/research before taking on this kind of project. Thanks! https://ift.tt/2KTduyV

Comments